The DR590 2CH is a simple front and rear facing cameras with full HD 1920 X 1080 and featuring the Sony STARVIS CMOS image sensor. The STARVIS imaging sensor provides improved clarity under low light conditions.
The Blackvue DR590-2CH is a reliable and ideal dual channel dash cam for motorists who simply want to record driving scenes from both front and rear windows. The main camera, mounted on the front windscreen, captures the entire road ahead, whilst the rear camera, attached on the rear window, records what is behind you. It can provide irrefutable proof in the unfortunate event of an accident, and can provide protection of your valuable property whilst parked and provide a record of scenic drives.
The SONY STARVIS Difference
DR590-2CH allows you to check the most accurate videos through:
- Front Full HD (1920×1080)@ 30fps
- Rear Full HD (1920×1080)@ 30fps
- Sony STARVIS CMOS Image Sensor Front
For those who want even more brightness in dark environments, the DR590-2CH features Enhanced Night Vision. When activated, it boosts the ISO sensitivity in low light. It can be set to On, Off, or Parking Mode Only.
Parking Mode Monitoring
Motion and Impact Detection in Parking Mode detects both and only writes data to the memory card when something happens either when motion or impact are sensed. This means there is less chance of important files being overwritten during long parking sessions and extends the lifespan of the memory card.
To utilise the Parking Mode functions, you will require a Power Magic Pro or Power Magic EZ or a Battery Pack to keep the camera active whilst parked.
Optimised File Management System
The Adaptive Format-Free File Management System improves recording stability and reduces the need for Micro SD Card formatting.
The DR590 2 Channel will support up to Micro SD Cards up to 128GB.
Optional GPS Module
Records vehicle speed and location for playback in Blackvue App or on the Blackvue Viewer
User-Friendly Interface System
- Voice guidance and LED show operation status of Dashcam
- Voice on/off function protects your privacy
- Precisely adjust shooting angle with 360° rotation of body
- Whilst driving, your BlackVue detects impacts and sudden changes in speed. Whilst parked, it also detects movements in front or behind the vehicle
- Videos files are marked accordingly so that you can easily find the relevant ones in the BlackVue
- Viewer for Windows and Mac OS or the BlackVue App for Android and iOS.
3 Recording Modes (Normal, Event and Parking Mode)
Normal, Event and Parking Mode are activated through built-in G-sensor. The Power Magic Pro, Power Magic EZ or Ultra Battery Pack will be needed if you want to utilise Parking Mode
- All black colour body blends into any vehicle and is ideal for surveillance from unpredictable moments
- Easily detachable mounting bracket
- The front and rear camera are connected via an analog cable
Blackvue Viewer (PC or MAC) and APP (iOS or Android)
Watch front and rear side of recorded videos, check speed and location, trace route of vehicles on Google Maps on a Windows based PC or Mac.
When you remove the SD Card and plug it into the PC or an Apple Mac you can simply analyse how the accident or incident occurred with the Blackvue software. This software will allow you to review the event, collecting vital information about your speed and location. A built in Google Map will show you the journey on the road whilst in playback and will allow you to find your exact location. In the SD Card Viewer mode, you can change your BlackVue settings (settings will be applied after reinserting the microSD card in the dashcam). You can also browse your videos easily thanks to filters for Normal, Manual, Event and Parking Mode recordings. Finally, the SD Card Viewer lets you format the microSD card, which is recommended prior to copying new firmware to the microSD card.
Power Magic EZ
This optional addition should be considered if the BlackVue is going to be operated when a vehicle is turned off and the BlackVue dashcam is still going to operate from the vehicle battery. Power Magic EZ powers your BlackVue from your vehicle’s OBD* (On-Board Diagnostic) port. The Power Magic EZ is a device that automatically cuts the power to the BlackVue dashcam according to the configured voltage – the power is cut if the voltage drops below the configured value, or the configured timer – the power is cut if the configured time has elapsed. The voltage value takes presentence over the timer selection. The Power Magic EZ prevents total discharge of the vehicle battery. This product can be self-installed but we would recommend that it is fitted by a professional auto electrician.
Parking Mode Switch
- With the Parking Mode Switch on the camera will remain on until the voltage threshold is reached
- With the Parking Mode Switch Off the camera will go off and come on with ignition
Low Voltage Cut-Off
- When vehicle’s ignition is off, the Power Magic Pro checks your vehicle’s battery voltage whilst powering your BlackVue. If the voltage falls below the set cut-off level, the Power Magic Pro
automatically cuts power to the dashcam, thus saving your vehicle’s battery life.
- You can configure Power Magic Pro to supply power to your BlackVue for a preset duration, from 6 hours to infinity. The timer function is only active when the vehicle’s ignition is off and automatically stops if ignition is on.
- Regardless of the timer setting, the power is cut as soon as the voltage drops below the configured voltage cut-off value
Configuration in Parking Mode
BlackVue dashcams automatically switch to Parking Mode to monitor your parked vehicle, but only writes to the memory card when something happens (motion or impact detected), which has two
- Less chance for important files to be overwritten during long Parking Mode sessions
- Extended memory card lifespan in the long run