Power Magic Pro
This optional addition should be considered if the BlackVue is going to be operated when a vehicle is turned off and the BlackVue dashcam is still going to operate from the vehicle battery. The Power Magic Pro is a device that automatically cuts the power to the BlackVue dashcam according to the configured voltage – the power is cut if the voltage drops below the configured value, or the
configured timer – the power is cut if the configured time has elapsed. The voltage value takes precedence over the timer selection. The Power Magic Pro prevents total discharge of the vehicle battery. This product can be self installed but we would recommend that it is fitted by a professional auto electrician.
Parking Mode Switch
- With the Parking Mode Switch on the camera will remain on until the voltage threshold is reached
- With the Parking Mode Switch Off the camera will go off and come on with ignition
Low Voltage Cut-Off
- When vehicle’s ignition is off, the Power Magic Pro checks your vehicle’s battery voltage whilst powering your BlackVue. If the voltage falls below the set cut-off level, the Power Magic Pro
automatically cuts power to the dashcam, thus saving your vehicle’s battery life.
- You can configure Power Magic Pro to supply power to your BlackVue for a preset duration, from 6 hours to infinity. The timer function is only active when the vehicle’s ignition is off and automatically stops if ignition is on.
- Regardless of the timer setting, the power is cut as soon as the voltage drops below the configured voltage cut-off value
Configuration in Parking Mode
BlackVue dashcams automatically switch to Parking Mode to monitor your parked vehicle, but only writes to the memory card when something happens (motion or impact detected), which has two
- Less chance for important files to be overwritten during long Parking Mode sessions
- Extended memory card lifespan in the long run